Available in black, this OLED TV uses over eight million self-illuminating pixels to control brightness, contrast and colour. The 459KD65A1BU features Sony’s latest ‘Acoustic Surface’ design, with sound generated through the TV panel itself. With four HDMI ports and three USB inputs, you can connect a range of devices.
Sony TV Technology
Sony’s powerful ‘4K HDR Processor X1’ drives this model, giving sharper detail and more clarity to all of your content. A range of features upscale and improve the quality of your display, for the best possible picture. These features include:
- Triluminos Display – Using a wider palette of colours, the 459KD65A1BU can produce a more lifelike range of shades and hues. Precise colour controls give more natural skin tones.
- X-Reality PRO – With control over every single pixel, this display can improve clarity and detail across textures and edges.
- Object-based HDR Remaster – Most TVs adjust contrast on a single scale of black to white. This feature corrects colour and contrast for each individual object, for greater depth and more vivid picture.
- Dual Database Processing – Two imaging databases work together in real time to improve picture on this model. Unwanted noise is removed from each scene for better clarity.
- X-tended Dynamic Range – This feature boosts the contrast range of the 459KD65A1BU, allowing for deeper blacks and brighter whites.
- Super Bit Mapping 4K HDR – 14-bit signal helps to smooth out the gradation between shades of colour, for a more realistic image.
This range of cutting-edge features work to improve the detail and clarity of everything you watch, bringing HD and even SD content closer to HDR standard.
Built-in Wi-Fi gives the 459KD65A1BU access to a range of online features. Use Android’s Marshmallow 6.0 operating system to navigate between channels, settings and apps, with a content bar to help keep things organised.
This model also comes with YouView, giving you over 70 TV and radio channels to choose from. Pause, record and rewind shows and films, for on-demand viewing to suit you.
Voice controls make it even easier to find your content quickly. Just press the mic button and speak into your remote to search online, change channel and more.
With its Acoustic Surface design, this OLED TV transmits sound from the screen itself, with no need for external speakers. This way, sound follows objects across the screen, for a unique, immersive experience. The acoustic panel uses a 5 x 10 W sound output, for multi-channel sound across the whole screen.
Sony’s ClearAudio+ feature makes your listening as lifelike as your viewing. Enjoy finely tuned and immersive audio, with greater clarity and separation across your content. The 459KD65A1BU supports a range of high quality audio formats, such as DTS Digital, Dolby Digital, Dolby Digital Plus and Dolby Pulse.