What is Freesat?
Freesat was set up to make sure that everyone has the best of free digital TV, no matter where they live in the UK.
Freesat came together formally in May 2008 as a joint venture between the BBC and ITV.
Freesat provides over 150 great digital TV and radio channels, including currently 5 High Definition (HD) programmes from the BBC and ITV – all for free. But it doesn’t stop there – freesat gives you super fast digital text and enhanced interactivity, as well as digital subtitles and audio description.
With freesat, favourites like BBC Three, BBC Four, ITV2, ITV3, More 4 and Film Four are all yours. There’s no need to choose between different packages. You’ll also get over 30 digital radio stations, so you can listen to live sport, great comedy, music, drama and the latest news.
After a one-off payment, it’s free forever. http://www.freesat.co.uk
Can I Receive Freesat even though I cannot get Freeview in my area?
Freesat is broadcast via satellite on the Astra 2/Eurobird satellite so it’s available to almost every home in the UK
What about HD?
As well as the best of Free Digital TV, you can also watch Drama, Natural History, Sport and more in breathtaking high definition, for Free.
With Freesat, HD Programmes are subscription-free, so you can get even better viewing at no extra cost. All you need is a HD ready television or even better still Freesat built in.
What about recording?
Freesat recorders or PVR’s are available. We stock the full range from the market leaders Humax.
They will require and additional cable from the dish. Ex SKY plus or HD customers will already have this extra cable. This allows recording and watching a programme.
We can also, using a clever piece of equipment and a cable run, allow the customer to watch a programme in another room and control it using the remote control. So recordings can be watched in the comfort of the bedroom! (Can only watch the same programme as the other room)
Full range of Catch up tv services now available on Freesat via Wireless or wired connection.
Requires an internet connection. Please contact us if you require this service. Can be connected via a CAT5e cable (cables made to length) or the Homeplug system
Click here for more details about the homeplug system
What about Installation?
We offer a range of installation options including the following:
For bespoke installations we offer a free survey
- A satellite dish and external components including QUAD LNB
- Fixing the dish to a suitable outer wall, up to 10 metres above ground level. We can make the dish as discreet as possible, this can incur a small extra charge as this often means extra labour as the dish often has to go onto the chimney.
- Up to 10m of cabling to supply one room of your household available in black or white please specify colour.
- Cable ties and clips to neatly run the cabling from the dish to the entry point.
- Connection of one freesat receiver to the dish.
- Tuning and demonstration of freesat receiver.
- Finally We can run cables from the dish to other rooms allowing the viewing of Freesat in these rooms from a Freesat Box. Remember Optional Freesat Recorders require two cables from the dish so are slightly more expensive to install.
What do I do next?
Come in or contact us and our experienced sales staff will arrange installation of your minidish and/or digibox.
Please see below our range of Freesat boxes.
Otherwise known as Freesat installation, freesat install, freesat fitter, freesat installer, freesat satelitte fitter, free satellite, sat fitter, freesat fitter eastbourne, satellite installation eastbourne, eastbourne sat fitter, satellite installer east sussex, satellite fitter eastbourne, davis tv satellite